Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Enter, young Jedi

Well, I passed the Registry (see earlier post 'The Registry Looms') and that means no more school! I called the ARRT today to see why I hadn't received my result in the post, as some of my colleagues got theirs Monday. It's on it's way, but might be a few days, as it's a big packet and our post goes through Richmond, not locally through Newport News. But they were able to tell me I passed and am now 'Registered' although my actual score must remain a secret until I get it in writing. It's like joining the Masons, or indeed becoming a Jedi. Very mysterious. Kind of 'we could tell you, but then we'd have to kill you.' Anyway, the main thing is I'm home and dry. El Jeffe was as pleased as I was, bless her.

Other news: one of our dogs, Poppy, caught a groundhog over the weekend, and apparently it's died just outside our garden fence. It's been very hot the last few days, like 105 degrees hot, and humid too, and that groundhog is ripe. The stench in the back yard is enough to knock you over. I'm hoping the buzzards will come and eat it or at least fly off with it, but I doubt they could stand the smell. Poppy and Tater, of course, think it's fantastic having rotten carrion around.

Speaking of Poppy & Tater, I have some pictures of them.
















My, they're cute, ain't they? We just laugh and bill and coo when the big one (Poppy) escapes at 11am one morning and remains at large (although within sight of the house) until 5am the following morning. We found it almost loveable when the little one (Tater) peed into one of the air conditioning vents. Oh, the joys of dog ownership. But I wouldn't swap either of the for anything.

Thought for the day - No matter how little money you have or how few posessions you own, having a dog makes you rich. Attrib. Louis Sabin. Night all.

No comments: