Saturday, June 03, 2006

Cruising along

Well, my wife & I had a bit of a tiff. We both need a vacation (see profile) and she has been very keen on going on a cruise to Europe, probably down the Rhine or the Danube. I'm not too keen on the idea, and I think we ought to try a cruise somewhere here in the US before we go all the way to Europe. What if I don't like it?

I must admit that I do have a rather jaundiced view of cruise vacations, which is odd, really, seeing as I've never been on one. I just keep getting these images of that Caribbean Cruise advert with the old people watching a stage show, eating in the ship restaurant and shopping for jewellery and aftershave for ten days. But she is adamant that we're going on one, and to be fair, she wants to go on one where you get off the boat and do stuff every day.

So it appears that El Jeffe has won and we're going to book one up for later this year, or possibly next Spring. She wants to go to Europe, although I quite fancy whalewatching and visiting the frozen wastes of Alaska. Or Southern Chile & Antarctica. Or maybe somewhere really remote, like the Galapagos Islands in the footsteps of Darwin, or Easter Island (now there's a thought. I've always wanted to see those giant stone heads.) And you never know, I might just get a taste for it.

Thought for the day - beatings will continue until morale improves. Night, all.

No comments: