Sunday, June 18, 2006

All work & no play...

Well, it's been a busy week (hence no post since last Saturday) and I've had enough of X-ray for a bit. Which is unfortunate, because I'm going in from 3 to 11 today. I'm going in from 8.30am to 11pm tomorrow, too. Oh, when will it ever end? Well actually it will end in August, because I'll be done with school and the Registry exam on July 26th (see earlier post regarding Registry) and it'll be time to kick back & relax a little. I'm planning to visit Mum in Britain as she is leaving hospital for the first time in eight long months. I'm planning to go to Nag's Head with my delightful wife too, if we have time. Then it will be back to work. Only this time, I'll have a full-time job which actually involves a REDUCTION in my hours spent at that hospital - no clinical training, you see. No nights, no call, no working for nothing for 7 hours in the day, then going to work in the evening or night-time work. No bowel studies (flouro-filming barium being poured down throats and/or up butts) or voiding cysto studies (flouro-filming people peeing onto my X-ray table) hopefully, either - I'll be doing orthopedics Mon, Wed & Fri, and Emergency/Trauma cover every other weekend. A pay rise. Benefits. Sick pay. Holiday pay. 401K available. Healthcare. Oh, joy. Oh, bliss. Did I mention the pay rise? El Jeffe will be so pleased, what with her birthday coming up and all...

Thought for the day - take time to make time. Night, all

No comments: