Sunday, June 25, 2006

Big Brother is watching...

Well, El Jeffe has finally managed to demonstrate her superiority by tracking my every move. She asked me to go out to the store to fetch some French bread to go with the spaghetti bolognese we were having.

So I went to the store near our house and found the bread. I waited in the queue to pay (getting angstier as I waited - I hate queueing for anything) and just as I reached the checkout the store's telephone rang. I waited some more, as the checkout person chatted on the phone, writing little things down, smiling and doing the 'wait a moment' thing by raising her index finger at me (and doesn't that just make you want to drown someone). Then she put the phone down, looked me straight in the eye, and said "You need to get some garlic as well."

Here's the thing: how did she know it was me? I mean, she didn't ask who I was, my name, or anything. She just knew. Apparently, my wife had told her what to look for. 'Short, holding some French bread' was the description I got, although it probably included 'bald, talks kinda funny' too. Whatever. The point is, El Jeffe tracked me down to the store herself, then used one of her undead minions to identify me and pass the message on.

Anyway, now we have cellphones. Or rather El Jeffe has a cellphone. I have a homing device that I can also use to make telephone calls with. Maybe she should have just fitted me with OnStar. Or LoJack.

Thought for the day - just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not watching you. Night, all.

No comments: