Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Drop Sam Colt, cowboy !!


Well, it's almost time for the mid-term elections, and I won't be sorry to see the end of the campaigning. There are four candidates in Virginia, and they've all been running campaign ads on TV for what seems like months now. Trouble is, they're all so negative. We have Thelma Drake - Phil Kellum is the Devil's doughboy; James Webb - George Allen wears Beelzebub's sports bra etc. etc. And so it's been every evening for weeks. Come on, people, we need to see some positive campaigning. I mean, I'm not going to vote for you just because you tell me Thelma Drake eats live babies, or that Phil Kellum is Satan's spawn or whatever. Where do you stand on, say, immigration, or education, or (dare I say it) foreign policy ? Alright, I can't actually vote anyway as I'm not a citizen yet, but please, let's have some grown-up politicking on things like taxes, or law & order, not this mud-slinging competition.

Speaking of law and order, El Jeffe and myself celebrated Halloween last night with Poppy & Tater. El Jeffe bought them an outfit each to go trick-or-treating in. I personally think that dogs wearing clothes is very, very wrong, but there you go. And it has to be said, the Boy did look cute in his sheriff's outfit.

Thought for the day - people in glass house shouldn't throw stones. Night, all.

No comments: