Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Registry looms

Well here we are, I'm coming to the end of my X-ray Tech training, and it's been, how shall I put it, a choppy ride. I'm booked in to do the American Society of Radiologic Technologists exam on July 31st, and I'm starting to get apprehensive. I mean, I know I can pass the thing, yet the exam nerves are kicking in - and it's only May ! Still, 2 years' training, 300 questions, how hard can it really be ?
On the plus side, I've been offered a good fulltime job with the local hospital, 5 minutes from home, no call, no nights, Tuesday & Thursday off, with every other weekend - and I'm not even graduating until the end of July !! Things could be worse.
On the subject of the Hospital, someone drove up to the ambulance bay doors last week, produced a pistol, and shot herself in the head. Don't let anyone say that small provincial towns are quiet.

Thought for the day - how come you can buy a shotgun in Walmart, but you can't buy a bottle of sherry ? Probably for the same reason that you can get into a nightclub with a bag of cocaine between your butt-cheeks but you can't get in wearing a shirt with no collar. Night, all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well? How did it go?
I'm sure you did fine and have, by now, joined the ranks of us RT's!
If you have any questions about CE, practice issues, etc, please feel free to e-mail me - I'll be happy to help.

Cathy Smith, RT(R)(CT)
csmith@asrt.org