Friday, May 26, 2006

Bye Bye, Saturn

Well, we sold my wife's car tonight. She has had her Saturn station wagon about 3 years and it was time for a change. Her new Solstice has become the favourite, and the Saturn had to go. She's been on for about 3 months about what a piece of junk the Saturn was, but to be fair to it, gas consumption was pretty frugal (especially compared to my beloved Expedition) and it has been very reliable. I have to admit, though, that it was just about the nastiest, most uncomfortable car I've been in. I tell a lie - we borrowed a tiny old Toyota once, from a cousin, that had a plant growing in one of the cupholders and was so dirty that a trip through the car wash cut white-and green-tiger stripes into the algae and lichen growing all over the car. And I had a car once that had a realtor's sign pop-rivetted into the floorboard, and concrete and chicken wire in the rocker panels to hold them together. So maybe the Saturn wasn't that bad . It's all relative.

So that leaves us with one gas-guzzling behemoth for me, and a totally impractical convertible for my wife. But heck, she can get 30mpg in her car and I can get the dog in mine, so we can live with it. Things will be a little tight at the palace until gas comes down in price, that's all. We might have to fire another servant.

I just got back from walking our dog in the local park, and while I was there I picked up 2 empty drinks cans and put them in the bin. No, not walked over and placed them in the bin - they were so close to it I stood there and THREW them in. What is it with some people, they wouldn't throw empty cans in their own yard, would they ? Well, maybe they would. I don't know.

Thought for the day: Never let common sense stand in the way of a good time. Night, all

No comments: