Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ink!!



Well, I finally got a tattoo!! My wife & I went to Asheville last week even though I was sick. It was our fifth wedding anniversary, and on the second morning she said she had a surprise in store for me. Of course, being a man, I took this to mean the impending performance of some unspeakable bedroom antic, a request for which would normally be met by El Jeffe's icy stare and a vigorous refusal.

So imagine my genuine surprise when we arrived at the tattoo parlour, Liquid Dragon in Asheville, NC. I'd been wanting a tattoo for years, and had the design already in mind. Better yet, El Jeffe was having one, too!

3 hours later, minus some cash and mighty pleased with our new ink, out we came. El Jeffe had a peacock feather design on her foot, while I was sporting a lizard on my calf. Both were done from designs we gave to the artists, Sean and Mark, and I for one think they did a damned good job.

El Jeffe said it was so painful she'd never have another. I, on the other hand, can't have just one of anything, so I'm planning a tree frog for the other leg. I'll be glad when this one stops itching, though. I'm calling him Eddie L'Izzard.

Thought for the day - trust your wife to know what's good for you. Night, all.

No comments: